I’m here today to share one of my all-time favourite (not to mention easiest) dinners. It’s the perfect thing to have when you’re in a ‘I should be healthier’ phase, want something quick and easy or just want something full of flavour. Honestly this meal ticks quite a few boxes, plus it’s one that can be easy adapted to what you like/have in the fridge. There’s just one condition, you have to add the smelliest cheese you can find in the world. That’s an essential!
This salad came about when we were trying to be good in the winter and eat more healthy. So limited cards, loads more veggies and protein galore. Salad was the obvious choice, but after a long day at work and with the wind and rain hammering on the windows it’s not always enough to prevent you reaching for the chocolate is it? Enter the winter salad of joy and problem solved. I defy you not to love it!
As with most salads its super easy to make:
* Chop up your veggies and salad. My go-to is avocado (always avocado), raw mushrooms, red pepper, spinach and tonnes of lettuce
* Next chop up 30g of really smelly stilton
* Cut a wrap into long thin strips and grill until crispy (a couple of minutes on each side)
* Cook some chicken. I use the George Foreman grill as it’s super fast and you don’t have to add any extra oil
* Bung it all into a bowl and eat.
* You can add salad dressing if you want but I don’t think it’s necessary with the strong cheese in there.
So there you go, my favourite winter salad. A scrumptious bowl of healthy food that’s just perfect for busy, cold or just lazy nights. Enjoy.
– Fi x