As per my promise a few weeks back, today I’m sharing one of my favourite pudding recipes – the chocolate and peanut butter mug cake. It’s everything you need in a cake and bonus it’s ready in mere minutes, so a perfect treat after a particularly rubbish day. Plus, because I barely ever have eggs in the cupboard, unless I plan on baking, it doesn’t include eggs. So it’s just perfect when you haven’t been shopping for ages or can’t bear popping to the corner shop. Genius alert!
This is an amalgamation of a couple of recipes from this book and it really is one of the best and quickiest quick cakey snack around – simply follow these six books and enjoy!
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a mug in the microwave
- Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa and beat with a fork
- Add 2 tablespoons milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons light soft brown sugar and beat until smooth
- Add 4 tablespoons self-raising flour, 1 tbsp chopped chocolate and stir
- Add another tbsp chopped chocolate and 1 tbsp of peanut butter to the top – don’t mix
- Pop in the microwave for 90 seconds and eat when slightly cooled
And one final bit of advice, just for you, serve this with cold custard. It’s sublime, you won’t regret it. Yummy!
– Fi xx