Does anyone have one of those recipes that’s their fail-safe, fall back recipe for any and all occasions? You know that one that you know like the back of your hand and make for birthdays, garden parties, work celebrations or just on fridays? Well, that’s the recipe that I’m going to share with you today, my lifesaver of a recipe: Mini Egg Blondies.
This recipe is best made with Mini Eggs but alas they aren’t available year round – one of the worst ideas ever Cadbury’s – so you can substitute the mini eggs with pretty much any other chocolate treat. I’ve tried giant chocolate buttons and peanut m&m’s before and they’re definitely work and they come a close second and third to the wonder of mini eggs.
First up, we have all the ingredients: 2 cups plain flour / 0.5tsp baking powder / 0.5 tsp salt / 0.75 cup unsalted butter / 1 cup brown sugar / 0.5 cup caster sugar / 1 tbsp vanilla extract / 1 egg / 1 egg yolk / 2 cups mini eggs
And to make these delicious bites you’ll need to follow these eight simple steps:
* Mix the flour (2 cups), baking powder (1/2 tsp) and salt together
* Melt the butter and then cream with the sugars in a separate bowl (we used an electric mixer)
* Add the vanilla extract and eggs and mix until creamy and fully combined
* Slowly add in the flour mixture until fully mixed
* Fold in the Mini Eggs
* Spread batter into a greased cake tin, roughly 8 x 8 x 2 inches
* Bake for 25 minutes at 175 degrees until a skewer is inserted in the center and comes out clean
* Leave to cool before slicing and eating…
See easy peasy and surely a must-make for Easter weekend, don’t you think? What will you be baking over Easter, are you planning to try something new or something you know works well?
– Fi x