So it’s time to chat all things fitness, as we dive into fitness update week two. That last week has gone by far too quickly! So did I find week two easier or harder than week one…?
Fitness Update week two: Exercise
So yet again I only managed four days of exercising this week, oops. I thought I’d done better than that. This is week one of my half marathon training plan so it was always going to be a bit of a test – plus it does tend to take me time to get into the swing of things. I’m still not sure that’s a good enough excuse for not doing the big run on Sunday or for not meeting one of my goals (getting 10,000 steps in on non-training days) though. But oh well. At least I upped my total steps this week though, and by 10,000 that’s something, right? In conclusion: I must try harder.
* Monday – Swim. 40 lengths in 32 minutes
* Tuesday – Run. 2.5 miles in 31 minutes
* Thursday – Run. 2.6 miles in 33 minutes
* Sunday – 12,000 steps
* Total Steps – 69,000
Fitness Update week two: Food
* I’ve been quite good at planning and prepping food for the working week over the last week. Every evening I’ve created an epic salad and breakfast at home. Ready to take to work in one of the many Tupperware pots cluttering up the house. Four of my days were catered for in this way.
* Breakfasts consisted of this delicious peanut butter overnight oats recipe or porridge with banana. While my epic salads have included hog roast sausage rolls, houmous, roasted veg, cooked chicken and artichoke hearts. Such a delicious combination of things to chuck into one big bowl!
* As for dinners, again, they’ve mainly been homemade – chicken tarragon sweet potatoes, meatballs and a homemade tomato sauce and prawns and noodles to name a few dishes.
* Of course there have been some not so good days, like Domino’s on Monday night and thai on Friday. And over the weekend a lot of snacking as I was working at a convention. But all the fruit and the meal prep that I did manage has certainly helped balance out the bad stuff.
Fitness Update week two: Results
* I’ve stayed the same weight wise this week, which I’m pleased with considering the snacking and two takeaways!
* I’m also still enjoying the running and it was good to get back to swimming last week two.
* As for my goals from last week, well I failed at number one. I definitely did not exercise everyday. Oops. I was clearly too ambitious on that one.
* Snacking wise I was really good mostly. During the week at work I kept to good things like sultanas and malt loaf or a filter coffee and not a milky coffee. There were a couple of Percy Pigs in there, but only one or two, now and again, not twenty every day of the week. So a definite improvement.
Fitness Update week two: Goals for the next week
* The big thing this week is to make sure I stick to my half marathon training plan. After missing the big run last week on the Sunday due to work, I have to keep up the training. This is a must. I do also want to do 10,000 steps on all the days I’m not exercising too. That should be a minimum for me.
* Food wise I’m not really setting any goals other than to continue to eat good snacks and not bad ones. Fingers crossed!