I know there are a lot of Christmas gift guides doing the rounds, but we’re not really fans of those, so you won’t find ideas for your dog, brother or mother on this here blog. Instead we’re being completely selfish and focusing on ourselves and sharing our Christmas wishlists! We’ve done all our shopping now, so it’s only fair we focus on what we want, just in case you haven’t decided what to get us yet! Just kidding, most of these items will probably be bought by ourselves, as gifts to ourselves, in the sale. Isn’t that what January is all about?
Chelsea boots / Station Eleven / Snood / Snuggly Cardigan / Purse / The Star of Kazan
What an awesome array of goodies, yes? If these are under my tree I will be super happy on Christmas afternoon. So let’s discuss these top picks.
– This gorgeous grey cardigan is just the thing for days spent running errands, in the office, on the sofa, out at brunch or anywhere and will basically turn every outfit I own into a winter appropriate one. Oh the possibilities!
– Black chelsea boots are something I should have bought over a year ago, so this present would be long overdue and absolutely perfect for the upcoming wintry, wet months. Ditto for the snood, which is a lovely colour combo and pattern. This was definitely love at first sight.
– I could never write a wish list without including a few books and Station Eleven is one I’ve heard so much about this year. It sounds like just my sort of thing and the perfect winter read plus the cover is beautiful which is always essential in my opinion. As for The Star Of Kazan I’ve been meaning to read more of Eva Ibbotson’s books since I fell in love with Journey to the River Sea earlier this year so I can’t wait to get stuck into this read asap.
– Now for the accessories. Have you ever seen a more beautiful purse in your life? I’ve been needing to replace mine for ages and I’ve finally spotted one I adore. fingers crossed! One can never have too many necklaces, especially not one as lovely as this. Just perfect for upping the appearance of effort going in to an outfit. Just what I like!
Not That Kind of Girl / Necklace / Bag / Striped Dress / Boots / Jawbone Up 24 / Jumper
My thoughts on this collection of goodies?
– Apparently this book from Lena Dunham is a good’un. It’s a collection of essays and it has me intrigued. Intrigued enough to add it to my Christmas list.
– I’ve kind of fallen in love with this bag. It’s just so pretty and practical at the same time. I’m a huge fan of enormous bags that you can just dump everything into and this definitely fits the bill.
– This last year or so I’ve been trying to wear jewellery more as it’s such a great way to perk up any outfit. The thing I’ve realised is that I like simple necklaces with a long chain, however I actually don’t own many that fit the bill. Fi on the other hand does, so I am borrowing from her constantly. I’m thinking that Christmas and the New Year sales will be the perfect time to fill this hole in my collection.
– The Jawbone is something I’ve been contemplating for a while, but so far I’ve held off on the purchase. I think the new year may be the perfect time to invest in one.
– And as for the boots, dress and jumper? These are all wardrobe essentials in my opinion. I know I will wear all three of these constantly.
So tell us, what do you want to find under your tree this Christmas?